Re: Python 3 (was: 2.20 where are we?)

From: Matthew Peveler
Subject: Re: Python 3 (was: 2.20 where are we?)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:34:44 -0300

You are right, that was added in my original debug effort. Attached is the
second patch without the added print. It looks like the files are getting
stored as `.bin` files, though are just plain text when you open them. If
someone could explain to me the proper way to attach patches here (or maybe
it's just gmail being funny?), I would appreciate it.

I'll have another email later on with patches for having this branch run
under both python2.7 & 3 as the necessary backport efforts were not really
all that extravagant with just a handful of shims around the changes you
noted in long vs int, unicode vs str, StringIO vs io, iter.next vs
iter.__next__, reload, xrange vs range. The primary thing missing is making
the stepmake/stepmake/python-module-*.make files work for the range of
versions, but I'm afraid that is out of my wheel house of ability.

Matt