Re: RFC: docker for CI

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: RFC: docker for CI
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 21:21:01 +0100

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 9:12 PM Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 07:21, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  * use a headless browser to take a image snapshot of the top of regtest
> > result page.
>
> Sounds convoluted.  Why not attach the difference images directly?

Those are potentially 1372 images to attach if you made a change with
global impact.

> On success, the driver uploads the image snapshot to code review.
> >
> > On failure, the driver uploads the last bit of the log-file to code
> review.
>
> Are full logs and test results retained, or does a developer need to
> reproduce the test locally to get them?

You'd retain the full logs and results as part of the docker image.
Currently my checkout is about 1.8G of data, and a lilypond docker image
itself would be close  to that too. Artifacts that large will be painful to
upload/download/store. (Not to mention network egress, should one host them
on AWS or GCP), so that is why I suggest to only post small bits of it.