Re: Add Code of Conduct

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 00:39:13 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Elaine,
>>
>> pt., 7 lut 2020 o 02:28 Flaming Hakama by Elaine <address@hidden>
>> napisał(a):
>>
>>> 1) "Adopt this CoC or I will leave the community"  Such threats amount to a
>>> my-way-or-the-highway attitude, which is an attempt to enforce veto power
>>> in what is supposed to be a collaborative / concensus / democratic
>>> approach.  Also difficult to disentangle the degree to which this is
>>> intentionally or unintentionally an unprofessional attempt to elicit
>>> praise, with the expected reactions of "oh no, don't leave, you're too
>>> valuable".  To me, this is toxic behavior and I would welcome their
>>> self-removal from the community if this is their idea of how to conduct
>>> themselves in an exemplary manner.
>>>

>> Such behaviour is indeed bad, but did anyone actually post such an
>> ultimatum?
>
> Almost half of of the proposal is concerned with that.

I should really read twice what I am replying to.  Sorry, my reply was
not matching the question.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".