Re: Add Code of Conduct

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 17:11:52 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Although my time is very limited during the usual workingweek, I'd
> love to do more on the guile-v2-thingy or at least doing tests for the
> already done work, etc. Instead I write this mail (okay, a 'make
> test-baseline' runs in the background) or read through very long
> threads....
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm
>
> P.S. that 'make test-baseline' failed, I'll need to investigate after
> sending this.

Now that most of the original guile-v2-work branch is in, I should
likely give this another try and also see which of the remaining three
XXX patches is required and why.  And possibly what else.

I think having a state where it works out of the box without byte
compilation would be a less distracting starting point for searching a
solution for the compilation problem.  It would be disruptive if we had
to abandon the markup macro.  Not that I am the least bit fond of it,
but it's almost omnipresent.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".