2.20.0 release coordination with translation, also Germans? (was: [trans

From: David Kastrup
Subject: 2.20.0 release coordination with translation, also Germans? (was: [translations] 2.20 and 2.21 release plans)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 14:06:53 +0100

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Il giorno lun 17 feb 2020 alle 22:49, Federico Bruni
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:

>> I'm working on the italian update and I hope to be ready before
>> Thursday night.
>>

> Can we have one day delay? So deadline to push to translation branch
> by Friday night?
> I guess I won't have enough time to complete the update but at least I
> can use some spare time tomorrow to get close to the goal.

There was no fixed deadline.  My goal was "this weekend", but if that
makes things ugly, there is no point in not delaying some more days
after the years we spent on this.

In unrelated news, I tried my hand at translating at least the Changes
file into German and am about 50% done.  Anybody want to work from the
bottom so that we should coordinate in order to avoid duplicate effort?
I got kind of a headache so far.  Hats off to people who tackle a whole
translation rather than just a puny file.