Re: Staging broken.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Staging broken.
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 20:21:45 +0100

Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, den 19.02.2020, 17:30 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> David Kastrup <
>> address@hidden
>> > writes:
>>
>> > Han-Wen Nienhuys <
>> > address@hidden

>> > Could you explain the urgency warranting an immediate hotfix bypassing
>> > all review, feedback and proper solution-finding?
>>
>> Moved this to dev/pango branch for now so that we have a chance to
>> discuss this.
>
> For the record, you seem to have pushed to commits to staging -> master
> again, right?

Yes.  Han-Wen and I had an off-list discussion about the impact of the
changes, and they are at least not a regression in respect to the
previous state we had, even if they cannot reduce the number of warnings
in newer versions of Pango to zero while still supporting a range of
older versions.

If anybody can come up with a better/cleaner fix covering the intended
version range, feel free to do so.