Re: ly:page-turn-breaking core dumps

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Re: ly:page-turn-breaking core dumps
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:03:10 -0500

Hello Han-Wen,

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 4:17 PM Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have reduced to a tiny example.

Great ! Very much tinier indeed.

> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:02 AM Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > The problem happens on the first page of the bass part, where we have
> > > to fit the titles with the music.
> > > Maybe you can experiment with removing some titles?

Well, wouldn't that be brute forcing a workaround that would work on
this song and not in some others that do display the same issue? I
like titles.

Le ven. 28 févr. 2020 à 10:24, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> a écrit :
> You can make the crash go away by removing the \bar "||" at the start
> of the score

Same as above.
I know the problem can be avoided by e.g. writing some more music,
changing the Staff size, or any other random modification. Heck,
removing the "Page_turn_engraver" indeed solves the issue ! I'm
wondering though what the underlying issue could be.

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 4:17 PM Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  However, I think there may be something wrong with your score: the
> > bass plays continuously, so there will never be a pause that is
> > suitable for turning. With the default, the part fits on 2 pages,
> > though.

The bass does plays continuously, but that is not a problem on other
songs I have that do use the Page-turn-engraver. Still, a segmentation
fault seems a little hard a punishment.

I will follow #5801.

Thank you for adding (reporting) the issue.
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier