Re: Shortcut for \repeat unfold

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Shortcut for \repeat unfold
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 05:14:33 -0700

On 2021-09-25 12:46 am, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:
Aaron:

If the asterisk feels overloaded, you could use the multiplication
sign:
%%%%
\version "2.22.0"
× = % U+00D7
I'd advise against introducing non-ASCII commands. Users won't be
happy if they can't find on their keyboards what the documentation
instructs them to type.

I guess my sarcasm indicator got lost in shipment.  What one should
have taken away from my post was that \x was the viable alternative to
\*, not the multiplication sign (which is ASCII, by the by; just not
commonly found on keyboard layouts).

ASCII is a 7-bit encoding; U+00D7 is certainly not within its range.

*was*. ASCII has been 8-bit for quite some time. Still, be pedantic and miss the forest for the trees, my point was that \x is a good option if \* was going to be problematic.

-- Aaron Hill