Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment

From: Vincent Gay
Subject: Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:03:23 +0200

Le 10/08/2022 à 05:01, Dan Eble a écrit :
I read a machine translation of the thread on lilypond-user-fr, and I thought
that probably you did not really want to print a rehearsal mark and a segno
simultaneously.

But yes, Dan, it's really what I need. Your experience is in classical music, mine is in jazz. A rehearsal mark is not only a marker but also a shape indicator (including the famous AABA). And a Segno will be on such a mark 99 times out of 100.  Open a Realbook and you will find hundreds of examples.

Airegin, Sonny Rollins, New Realbook 1, page 2
In the same place (beginning of the 2nd line) a rehearsalmark, a rhythmic indicator (Swing) and a Segno.

--
Vincent Gay
Envoyé depuis mon saxo-phone :)