Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment

From: Vincent Gay
Subject: Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:30:58 +0200

Le 10/08/2022 à 05:01, Dan Eble a écrit :
Can you clarify for me what you wanted to achieve?
Finally I can say things differently. In jazz we don't use (or rarely use) reheasalmarks like in classical music. On the other hand we need various text systems that can sometimes (often) overlap. I had a very interesting discussion with Jean where he explained me the philosophy behind the technical choices made by the Lilypond team, especially in terms of repeats (D.S., D.C., coda...). In short, I hope I'm not distorting, your ambition would be What You Say Is What You Get. This would be wonderful in a world of closed, known concepts, like 19th century music. But difficult to live in another world.

So OK, let's keep the rehearsalmarks to be only what they are supposed to be, but please give us system texts to put wherever we want as we want.

--
Vincent Gay
Envoyé depuis mon saxo-phone :)