Re: To branch or not to branch

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: To branch or not to branch
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 14:57:27 +0000 (UTC)

>> I think we should branch now. What do others think?
>
> Needless to say that I agree, but as you witnessed nobody else
> bothers to reply.

Sorry, I got the impression that we already made a decision to do so.
For the record, I also agree.

> Discussions on MRs opened during the weekend also showed me that
> we're not even on one page for what should still go in before
> branching,

As mentioned, I leave this decision to you: Please define a commit
that you want to use for branching.

> and now it seems you went back to feature development.

Why is this a problem?  Isn't the idea that a release is based on a
'stable' branch, and that normal development continues on 'master'?

> By now, I've lost all motivation to do anything for LilyPond...

This is a pity.

    Werner