Re: To branch or not to branch

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: To branch or not to branch
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 23:23:43 +0200

Le 07/10/2022 à 23:48, Dan Eble a écrit :
On Oct 7, 2022, at 13:51, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
<lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:
On Thu, 2022-10-06 at 08:39 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
A factor that I was starting to forget in my enthusiasm for branching is
!1510 (source locations). Here I am guilty of taking forever to prepare
the latest version of that patch. I am open to opinions on whether it
should be included in 2.24. I do think so, because the problem it fixes
has been called a possible release blocker by some.
I have to say this is very late. Yes, the MR is a bit older, but it
also touches very core parts of LilyPond. On the other hand, the
compilation isn't enabled by default and the other change is about the
error path. I don't know…
I'm fine either way.

I know it is late. Sorry about that.

I think the most important stress-test will be to have it tested
by people in real conditions, so I think we should have it in the
2.23.14 release. Worst case, we can revert it if it causes problems.

There seems to have been no strong objections so far, so unless
somebody speaks up, I will merge the MR tomorrow morning so it can
be included in the release (which is going to happen tomorrow, right?).

Jean