Re: Musings on our translated documentation build

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Musings on our translated documentation build
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 22:22:02 +0100

On Sun, 2023-03-19 at 23:56 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Actually I was curious to check the html output rather than the changes
> in the source.
> If it doesn't break working links, it's fine for me.

In the parts I touched, it is almost generating identical HTML (except
for the links to unnumbered sections; but I'm coming to the conclusion
that probably want to stop treating them specially anyway). I will
follow up on this once I have more time.

> If you eventually proceed, write the scripts, etc. I'd be happy to
> check if the Italian manuals look good and links work correctly. CI
> builds the doc also, right?

Yes, the documentation gets built for every merge request, but it's not
available for inspection (and also pretty big).

> Maybe English manuals only?

Not sure I understand this question, CI builds all languages. English
is also pretty boring with respect to this change because it's not
translated and doesn't have @translationof and the related machinery.

Jonas