Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion

From: R
Subject: Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:49:50 -0400

On 4/26/2018 11:38 AM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi,

Also your code still gives me incorrect added measures.
What duration are the cello notes supposed to be? The reason you have "incorrect added measures" is that you don't indicate what duration the cello notes are supposed to be, so they implicitly adopt the last duration in the code (which is s1*3). For example, change that line to

     c4 d e f e d c d e f e d c d e f e d

and see the result.

Without knowing what your music is supposed to look like, it's very hard to solve your problem for you.  ;)

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden

Just one last question to pick your brain. Assuming I build an entire symphonic piece using global block as holder of tempo and markings. For a full score when I want to only show tempo markings above certain staves, how is this easiest done? I understand they must obviously appear in all parts but using a global block like this does it make it easy to hide such tempo in the master score? I was reading about consists but I do not understand it I'm sorry.