Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:30:31 -0400

Hi,

> it's an uncalled variable. Why should it output anything or impact anything
> that's called?

1. It doesn’t output anything on its own — only when you call it. What it
impacts in that case depends on where and how you call it.

2. The input code contained in a variable sets up certain expectations
(continuations) for the parser.

> Is it only durations that can leak out of uncalled variables? What else can
> impact outside an uncalled variable data?

That question is better answered by people like David K, who has a far better
grasp of the internals (including the parser) than I do.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info