Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:56:03 +0200

On 26.04.2018 17:49, R wrote:
Just one last question to pick your brain. Assuming I build an entire symphonic piece using global block as holder of tempo and markings. For a full score when I want to only show tempo markings above certain staves, how is this easiest done? I understand they must obviously appear in all parts but using a global block like this does it make it easy to hide such tempo in the master score? I was reading about consists but I do not understand it I'm sorry.

You don’t need to do anything special. LilyPond by default _only_ prints tempo indications at the very top of the system, regardless in which staves you actually specified them. This behaviour can be changed using custom contexts, see <http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1010>

Best, Simon