Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 18:13:46 +0200

Am 26.04.2018 um 17:21 schrieb R:
> Thank you but I have difficult understanding why Frescobaldi configured
> the score like that if it's not prone to using the global block easily.
> For instance, what is different about your code structurely and is there
> a con to doing it your way?

The Frescobaldy wizard adds a global variable in the upper part of the
source file. The reference \global to that block is inserted at the
beginning of each staff. I used this prepared setup but could not make
much benefit from it, because it contains only the common start of the
staves.

Kieren used the \global in a different way. The \global is not used
*before* the notes but *parallel* to it:

<< \global \cello >>

So you can write the time changes in the global since that is global to
all staves and write the notes to cello, right, and left.

I like this approach.

Best regards
Helge