Re: markup-command boxing the real printed ink?

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: markup-command boxing the real printed ink?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 22:37:35 +0200

Hm, you’re right. But if you replace this by something directly drawn with
PostScript commands, you’ll see that Lilypond does not have any idea about
what’s there. So I guess Lilypond is able to handle stencil it knows very
well.

And yes, Skylines are a concept of Lilypond, but Lilypond does not really
„know” how the score looks. Lilypond thinks in objects that physically bounded
by a skyline box. As you have shown, Lilypond is able to refine this into
polygons for the standard symbols (for which we can quite easily find ways to
get this actual information, as these things are eighter glyphs or lines).

But this still does not solve the Problem that Lilypond is not actually able
to „see” where there is black stuff in an arbitrary stencil.

Cheers,
Valentin