Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 15:06:35 +0200

Dear Jacques,

Il giorno gio 5 mag 2022 alle ore 10:16 Jacques Menu
<imj-muzhic@bluewin.ch> ha scritto:
> I’ve installed Frescobaldi 3.2 with MacPorts on Mac OS Monterey (12.3.1), and
> the first tests show it works fine.

did you edit the Portfile yourself?
I think I'll be able to update it before tomorrow evening at the
latest (my main machine is not a Mac, lately).

> One problem, though: it’s name is displayed as “Python” in the menu bar, and
> there’s no Preferences item.

As Hraban wrote, this is not only normal, but unavoidable, unless an
.app bundle is created.
If you installed with MacPorts, there should be such an application
bundle in /Applications/MacPorts: launching Frescobaldi from there
should give you the Frescobaldi menu containing also the Preferences
item.
If not, please let me know.

Regarding

Il giorno gio 5 mag 2022 alle ore 10:38 Jacques Menu
<imj-muzhic@bluewin.ch> ha scritto:
> qt.qpa.fonts: Populating font family aliases took 118 ms. Replace uses of
> missing font family "Century Schoolbook L" with one that exists to avoid this
> cost.

I am already aware of them (they have been there at least since the
switch to Qt5), but since they are harmless and seem to originate from
Qt itself and not Frescobaldi specifically, I haven't invested time on
them (yet).

Best wishes.
Davide