Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 15:17:58 +0200

Am 05.05.22 um 15:06 schrieb Davide Liessi:
Dear Jacques,

Il giorno gio 5 mag 2022 alle ore 10:16 Jacques Menu
<imj-muzhic@bluewin.ch> ha scritto:
I’ve installed Frescobaldi 3.2 with MacPorts on Mac OS Monterey (12.3.1), and
the first tests show it works fine.

did you edit the Portfile yourself?

I didn’t.

One problem, though: it’s name is displayed as “Python” in the menu bar, and
there’s no Preferences item.

As Hraban wrote, this is not only normal, but unavoidable, unless an
.app bundle is created.
If you installed with MacPorts, there should be such an application
bundle in /Applications/MacPorts: launching Frescobaldi from there
should give you the Frescobaldi menu containing also the Preferences
item.

The app bundle installed by MacPorts doesn’t work, it says "Frescobaldi error" and lets you open the Console – I didn’t find anything useful in the plethora of messages there.
This was already the same in previous versions.

Do you think it could be a problem that I also installed the downloadable version? (3.1.3 at the moment)

I’m on Mojave (MacOS 10.14.6).

Hraban