Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2

From: Ernie Braganza
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 13:20:24 -0400

"I plan to (try to) release a standalone application bundle soon."

I assume this means you are working on a .dmg file for Mac. Is Brew no longer supported?

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 9:19 AM Davide Liessi <davide.liessi@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Omer,

Il giorno gio 5 mag 2022 alle ore 15:02 Omer Katzir
<komer83@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Will there be files for MacOS like in 3.1.3 or I’ll have to compile it from source?

I plan to (try to) release a standalone application bundle soon.
However, distributing applications based on Qt and Python for Mac has
been increasingly difficult as Qt evolved: there are components (in
particular the web browser based ones, namely the documentation
browser and the SVG viewer) that have not been working since the
switch to Qt5 (or slightly later) despite my efforts.
I strongly recommend installing Frescobaldi with MacPorts (the .app
bundle provided there is just a lightweight launcher for the command
line version, so it does not suffer from the same issues).
Anyway, I'll do my best to provide the standalone .app bundle,
although limited in functionality, as soon as I can.

Best wishes.
Davide