Re: Lilypond not generating PDF

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: Lilypond not generating PDF
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 23:03:14 +0100

Blocking dropping onto elevated targets from a non-elevated desktop has been a security feature of UAC since it was introduced a decade and a half ago.  You can remove the restriction by running with UAC turned off, which the security-minded will of course advise you not to do, and many people have no clue about anyway (it is, however, the way I run my machine, because I choose how to control my security myself).

Alternatively, you can get a third-party file manager, run it with elevated permissions, and then drop and drop within it - but you can't elevate Windows Explorer to try to get the same effect.

Paul

From: Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com>

On 2022-07-04 1:50 am, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> I see from searching that the issue is with elevated and non elevated
> permissions.

Where do you see this?  Drag-and-drop is a simple feature of the Windows
shell that should require no special permission.