Re: Lilypond not generating PDF

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Lilypond not generating PDF
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 20:59:42 -0700

On 2022-07-04 8:03 pm, Andrew Bernard wrote:
We are getting to the nub of it. When you save the test.ly file you
have to save it to C:\Users\<user>\Desktop not the default which is
C:\Users\Public\Desktop. And make the start directory in the link
C:\Users\<user>\Desktop [...]

Nothing should ever be defaulting to the public desktop. Under normal operation, that folder will not have write permissions. In fact, it should be a hidden folder and not normally visible.

Since users are able to remap their profile directory, a path like %userprofile%\Desktop would be better, however users with OneDrive enabled would find their desktop at %userprofile%\OneDrive\Desktop.

(making it blank did not work for me)

When I drag-and-drop a file onto a shortcut without a start directory, the current directory is getting set based on the file being dragged. I see the same behavior when dropping onto the target program itself.

-- Aaron Hill