Re: Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout

From: DoubleFelix
Subject: Re: Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:43:39 -0500

Have you installed the necessary packages as explained in
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-compiling-lilypond#ubuntu

Ah, I had to install a C compiler. I just found instructions for how to do that on SO. So now I have make install ran, so how can I construct binaries for various platforms from this? Can you even compile to a windows binary from Linux?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 5:13 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 18/07/2022 à 20:54, William a écrit :
> Thanks for this, David. As unfortunately my method (set \header{tagline=##f} and run lilypond -dbackend=eps —png file.ly) doesn’t work for SVGs.

I haven't completely understood the discussion, but it sounds like you
just want to use

lilypond --svg -dcrop file.ly

which gives you file.svg and file.cropped.svg.