Re: Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:51:00 +0200

Le 19/07/2022 à 15:43, DoubleFelix a écrit :

    Have you installed the necessary packages as explained in

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-compiling-lilypond#ubuntu

Ah, I had to install a C compiler. I just found instructions for how to do that on SO.

The instructions above didn't install the compiler? OK, I would have expected them to do so ...

So now I have make install ran, so how can I construct binaries for various platforms from this? Can you even compile to a windows binary from Linux?

It's the way we do the official releases, and in fact the _only_ way to create Windows binaries. To do that, you need to cd into release/binaries/ and read README.md. But the whole problem that brought you here in the first place was that this cross-compilation system does not support Cairo yet. So either you are ready to figure out how to cross-compile Cairo for MinGW and link it with LilyPond, and preferably you contribute this to LilyPond (see partial work in https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/913, it had some problems with missing libraries), or you stick with running these Linux binaries. in your Linux VM.