Re: Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout

From: DoubleFelix
Subject: Re: Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 22:12:42 -0500

Sorry. I think this should reply to all now. As for the example I sent, that's the barebones type. The ones I need to generate dynamically will have random notes and key signatures and what not. I'll try WSL though. I didn't even think of using that. I'll give it a go and respond here if something comes up.

On Sun, Jul 17, 2022 at 4:32 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Again, please keep the list in the recipients. In your mail client,
click "Reply to all", not "Reply".

Le 17/07/2022 à 23:19, DoubleFelix a écrit :
> Oh I see. I looked at compiling LilyPond, but I'm windows and it seems
> like a pain (I have to set up some VM for a custom OS is what I got
> from the docs).

You could also use the Windows Subsystem for Linux, which is
easy to install as far as I could hear (yes, Microsoft officially
provides an option to install Linux these days, which speaks
volumes...)

> As for my input, it's pretty barebones:
>
> \version"2.22.2"
> \language"english"
> \header{
>     tagline = ""
> }
> {
> \omitScore.TimeSignature
> \omitScore.Rest
> \keya \major
> r4
> }

So you just want to show an image of a key signature?

How about generating those images for all 15 possible
key signatures once and for all, and never calling LilyPond
afterwards?

Jean