Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout

From: DoubleFelix
Subject: Piping contents of SVG directly to stdout
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:15:36 -0500

Hello,

I'm using lilypond to programmatically generate sheet music. I already have a system in place to crop the SVGs, but now I need to load them in my software. I could use the default behavior of letting lilypond write to some file, and then reading it, but file I/O tends to be pretty expensive, especially when you're doing it in bulk like I am, so I'd like to avoid that.

My question is this: Is there a way to get lilypond to write the output to stdout to save on performance, or do I need to use a file as a middleman? For reference, my current command is:
"lilypond --svg --loglevel=none file.ly"

Thanks,
Felix