Re: Circles

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Circles
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:52:41 +1000

Thanks all,

Comments much appreciated, but I know all that, as my background is maths. I was just wanting to see how Lilypond does it.

And of course after I posted about oldish pages I recall of course that you have to do circles with Beziers in fonts, as the arc operator is not available. The approximation is very excellent if you use the right control points. If people stumble across this thread in the future, and want to draw circles with Beziers, these are good pages:

http://whizkidtech.redprince.net/bezier/circle/

http://whizkidtech.redprince.net/bezier/circle/kappa/

Andrew