Configuration problems following new installation of Frescobaldi

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Configuration problems following new installation of Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 07:56:28 +0100

I stopped using Frescobaldi and Lilypond at the beginning of the Covid pandemic
and since then I have bought a new iMac with Monterey and transferred files
across,

Trying to get back up and running, I’ve installed Frescobaldi 3.1.3, which
appears to be functioning perfectly, but I get these error reports:

 Starting lilypond 2.23.3 [dorothy.ly]...
Fontconfig error: "/Users/michaelhendry/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf", line 2:
XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Fontconfig error: "/Users/michaelhendry/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf", line 2:
XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Fontconfig error: "/Users/michaelhendry/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf", line 2:
XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Processing `/Users/michaelhendry/git_stuff/lilyjazz/examples/dorothy.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[8][16]
fatal error: cannot find font: `lilyjazz-11'
Exited with return code 1.

when trying to compile the sample file “dorothy,ly”. Similar errors occur when
I try to compile some of my existing Jazz leadsheets.

There is no /Users/michaelhendry/.config directory on my computer, and I
suspect there is a configuration option which will deal with this error.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Hendry