Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:59:03 +0200

Craig Bakalian <craigbakalian@gmail.com> writes:

> If you really want to muse, muse about rhythm syllables.   Kodaly
> rhythm syllables are iffy.  Gordon syllables have syntax and account
> for unusual meters.  I remember getting yelled at during a meeting of
> music teachers when I gave a demonstration of Gordon rhythm
> syllables.  That's how fucked up music education is in the USA.  Oh,
> the musings.
>
> It is weird though, historically, that there was a system in place for
> understanding tonality but not rhythm.
>
> Gosh, I am a nerd.

Frankly, if you bring across topic matter there as you do here on the
list, I have some doubt whether it is the actual subject matter or
rather the representation that begets you frowns at music teacher
gatherings.

Telling everybody upfront that you consider them incompetent and stupid
in comparison to you is not likely to be the best setter for a receptive
frame of mind.

--
David Kastrup