Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes

From: Eef Weenink
Subject: Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 06:34:24 +0000

I just read this topic. Very interesting and..
meets just what I am studying now: Solfeggio

Would be nice to extend the solfege notation suggested here could be used for that. Or maybe is already available?

To work with this in lilypond routines would be needed for mutations, modulations. (see  below). With maybe "easy note head" or automatic "markups"?
Suggestions/ideas?

PS: We could make this into new thread to not mix up things.

Regards, Eef

Headlines about Solfeggio:
It is the method used in Italy from Guido.. up till 19th century. And probably the basics of all current solfege systems.
  • works with hexachords: "do(ut) re mi fa so la"
  • "mi - fa" is the interval defining about everything (my words)
  • with mutation hexachords are combined to scales.
  • ascending "sol" becomes new "re"
  • descending "mi" becomes "la"
  • accidentals keep there name so, in minor the cadence: " d c# d " would be: "re do re"
  • modulation fifth up -> "fa" becomes new "fa"  -> ####
  • fifth down -> "mi" becomes new "mi" -> bbb
Example: