Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes

From: Craig Bakalian
Subject: Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:57:36 -0400

If you really want to muse, muse about rhythm syllables.   Kodaly rhythm syllables are iffy.  Gordon syllables have syntax and account for unusual meters.  I remember getting yelled at during a meeting of music teachers when I gave a demonstration of Gordon rhythm syllables.  That's how fucked up music education is in the USA.  Oh, the musings.

It is weird though, historically, that there was a system in place for understanding tonality but not rhythm.

Gosh, I am a nerd.