Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Solfege Syllables Easy Notes
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:16:29 -0400

Hi Craig,

> If you really want to muse, muse about rhythm syllables.   Kodaly rhythm
> syllables are iffy.  Gordon syllables have syntax and account for unusual
> meters.  I remember getting yelled at during a meeting of music teachers when
> I gave a demonstration of Gordon rhythm syllables.  That's how fucked up
> music education is in the USA.  Oh, the musings.

Konnakol FTW?  =)

> It is weird though, historically, that there was a system in place for
> understanding tonality but not rhythm.

Western thought, in all disciplines, has… gaps.

> Gosh, I am a nerd.

I see your nerd, and raise you the fact that I'm literally in the middle of
engraving a song called “Nerds & Geeks & Dorks & Dweebs” — for my musical, “The
Quest”, which centres around a D&D-like role-playing game — in which the
[critical!] differences between the four categories of social outcastness are
explained in 8-part harmony.

LOL
Kieren.