lout-users

Re: Version 3.37... (prg2lout crash)

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: Version 3.37... (prg2lout crash)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:44:40 +0100

On 2008-09-24, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Mark Summerfield <address@hidden> writes:
> >> For easier debugging, I'd recommend running only `prg2lout' (with the
> >> appropriate input file), as in:
> >>
> >>   $ valgrind prg2lout -r -lC -ilouti1 -olout1 -elout.err -t8 -T8s
> >
> > Grrr, if I could do that I would! But how can I when those files are
> > generated by lout? (The reason the prg2lout output appeared above was
> > because I build prg2lout with one of the debug flags set to 1.)
>
> The `-i' file is the input file (`foo.c'), `-o' is output (`foo.lout'),
> and `-e' is error output.  So you can try with whatever C file you have
> at hand.

Ludovic,

I know what the flags mean, and yes it would be easy to run prg2lout
stand alone... but that isn't the point! The _only_ time prg2lout fails
is if it is run from within a lout run and then only under certain
conditions. That's why is isn't trivial to debug.

I already tried running

    lout -r4 all > guide.ps

and then

    lout all > guide.ps

and that works with no problems. It is only when I do

    lout -r6 all > guide.ps

that prg2lout crashes (on run 5). But prg2lout does not appear to crash
in any other circumstances, so running it stand alone on a particular C
file doesn't help since it works fine.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy