lout-users

Re: the next version of Lout

From: Joel Roth
Subject: Re: the next version of Lout
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:40:24 -1000

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 01:59:15PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:
> Technically, I think the first step should be to use a version control
> system (VCS).  There’s a Subversion repo in the Lout project on
> Savannah, which we could use.  We could also ask for a commit
> notification mailing list.
>
> Given the amount of traffic on the list, I think it’s OK to keep doing
> bug tracking as has always been done, informally.  Otherwise, we could
> ask for a Debbugs slot at bugs.gnu.org.

Hi,

Lurker here, using lout for a few things it does very well.

Thanks for lout, and to the community that's offered me
support whenever I've needed it.

I'd like to second the suggestion that lout be placed in
A version control system of some kind. I'd like to
briefly state the case (and my personal preference)
for using git.

+ Distributed version control is convenient
  since one can work without a net connection.

+ git has an excellent facility for merging branches

+ With more people using git, we reduce the barrier of
  coders to get involved with the project.

However if the most active contributors to lout prefer
SVN, I have no objection.

Regards,

Joel

--