lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compilation on kernel 2.2

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compilation on kernel 2.2
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:11:33 -0000

Adam Dunkels wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Monday 22 October 2001 14:38, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I tried compiling the lwip-0.4.1 code on Linux 6.2 (kernel 2.2).
> > Following are some of the errors that I got during compilation.
>
> [...]
>
> >     It gave similar problems while compilation of lwip-0.3.1.
> > The code compiles on kernel 2.4 but gives the tunnel interface problem ...
> > i mean /dev/tap0. As you said in the previous mail that the code works fine
> > with kernel 2.2 and the vtun/universal tun/tap driver.
>
> Strange. I never had any similar problems under RedHat 6.x and Linux 2.2.x. I
> have also tried to compile lwIP with an old gcc version (2.8.1) to see if
> that was the source of the problem, but that worked fine for me.
>
> Anyone else having any experiences with Linux 2.2? I'll see if I can find a
> Linux machine and try to compile it.

I've installed a RedHat 6.2 here and I got to compile the newest lwIP. I
used the egcs that came in the distribution.

What happened in this case? I think you might have some old headers lying
around or maybe you have modified the lwIP source. Could you please send me
a message with the make output?

[]s
Felipe