lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr()

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr()
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:19:39 -0000

Hello Scott,

first of all, all your msgs so far look like two attachment, one with .dat
and one with .txt.
It's a bit cumbersome to open them each time, maybe you can change your
email client
behaviour on this?

>Is anyone else using CVS DHCP, and specifically calling dhcp_fine_tmr () on
>default timing? (50 milliseconds)

The period should be 500 milliseconds.

>I ask because doing this causes exceptions for me. It's extremely hard to
>debug. dhcp_coarse_tmr () doesn't have this problem.

I will look into this, as it should not generate exceptions. But pls. note
the
correct periods from dhcp.h:

// period (in seconds) of the application calling dhcp_coarse_tmr()
#define DHCP_COARSE_TIMER_SECS 60
// period (in milliseconds) of the application calling dhcp_fine_tmr()
#define DHCP_FINE_TIMER_MSECS 500

Regards,

Leon.