lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] SLIP support in Windows

From: James Roth
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] SLIP support in Windows
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:39:59 -0000

--------------070009040902070104090108

Conny Öhult wrote:

> Hi James,
> I assume you use direct cable connection to create a SLIP conn to your
> board in W2k.
> You probably can't surf the real web since the checkbox "Use default
> gateway on remote network" is checked in your Windows TCP/IP settings
> for the SLIP connection. Uncheck it, and then to have Windows route
> only packets meant for your board using the SLIP interface, open a cmd
> prompt and enter:
> route p add 192.168.0.2 10.1.1.1
> Where 10.1.1.1 is any local IP you have given your Windows SLIP
> interface in its TCP/IP settings and 192.168.0.2 is the local address
> of your board.
>
> I can't see why you shouldn't be able to surf your board while "Use
> default gateway on remote network" is checked though. Could something
> have gone wrong with the webserver on your board? If telnet to port 80
> works, it should work from your browser as well if your webserver
> reply in a correct manner.

    I tried it with the check box in both positions.  Either way, I can
always telnet to port 80.  If "used default..." is not checked, Netscape
can see the real Internet via the lan, but IE cannot see it in any case
(unless I disconnect SLIP).  I can also use wget without problems.  So,
GUI browsers cannot see the board, but command line utils can.  Grrrr.

    Maybe my web demo will become a telnet demo :(

--
James Roth
Shugyo Design Technologies

--------------070009040902070104090108

<head>
</head>
Conny &Ouml;hult wrote:<br>
 Hi James,<br>
 I assume you use direct cable connection to create a SLIP conn to your board
in W2k.<br>
 You probably can't surf the real web since the checkbox<font face="Times New
Roman, Times">
in your
Windows TCP/IP settings for the SLIP connection. Uncheck it, and then to
have Windows route only packets meant for your board using the SLIP interface,
open a cmd prompt and enter:<br>
interface
in its TCP/IP settings and 192.168.0.2 is the local address of your board.<br>
 I can't see why you shouldn't be able to surf your board while <font
face="Times New Roman, Times">
though.
Could something have gone wrong with the webserver on your board? If telnet
to port 80 works, it should work from your browser as well if your webserver
reply in a correct manner. <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I tried it with the check box in both positions.
&nbsp;Either way, I can always
telnet to port 80. &nbsp;If "used default..." is not checked, Netscape can see
the real Internet via the lan, but IE cannot see it in any case (unless I
disconnect SLIP). &nbsp;I can also use wget without problems. &nbsp;So, GUI
browsers
cannot see the board, but command line utils can. &nbsp;Grrrr.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Maybe my web demo will become a telnet demo :(<br>
 /Conny<br>
 At 20:27 2002-04-02 -0500, you wrote:<br>
 &nbsp;&nbsp; I have lwIP SLIP working.&nbsp; I can connect to my board from
linux and windows.&nbsp;
Ping and telnet are all OK.<br>
 &nbsp;&nbsp; When I connect from windows 2000, I can ping my board, but i'm
unable
to surf the real web or my board with IE or netscape.&nbsp; I can telnet to port
80 on my board and grab a page that way.&nbsp; I see the default route is set
to PC's SLIP IP.&nbsp; How to prevent this?<br>
 &nbsp;&nbsp; I know this is more of a Windows issue.&nbsp; Perhaps someone
here has run
into this problem.<br>
 James</blockquote>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
James Roth
Shugyo Design Technologies
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.shugyodesign.com/";>http://www.shugyodesign.com/</a>