m17n-list

[m17n-list] Arabic translit IME

From: Joop Kiefte
Subject: [m17n-list] Arabic translit IME
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 18:19:13 +0200

Because I think it's quite a shame to only have a kbd variant for Arabic, which is basically impossible to use when you don't have an arabic keyboard, I set out to make a translit variant for Arabic, and here it is. It uses direct correspondence where possible, and prefix dot to distinguish number input and characters that would be romanized with the same character. I hope this is useful for some people, and I would love to see it included in contrib.

(I have sent this to a friend so he can test and comment on its actual fitness. If you don't mind to replace it if because of this I decide to change it you can just add this one already though: I think it's better to have something than nothing fit at all...)

--
Joop Kiefte

BM: BM-2cU7makjmuWMHXdjufjBqcSNLzyznTyk8E (web)