m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Arabic translit IME

From: Iori YONEJI
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Arabic translit IME
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 22:20:29 +0900

Hi,

I was impressed with your mim file that enables typing Arabic like as
typing Latin characters.
But I found some unpleasing sequences.
How about minor -updating these points below:

1. ة is always placed on last character of a word, so the sequence
<h.> is more preferable than <.h>. With this change, we can terminate
femininum word with '.'.
2. ح is now <.7>, but how ِis <.h> or <Shift+h> ? This character (and
more characters like ط or خ) is used often but typing <.7> is too
hard, and they are not related with.
3. Mainly, Arabic scripts use ‏ «…» as quotation marks (probably same
as French one). How do you think to add a rule to type them?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_variation_in_quotation_marks
4. There are more additional characters in Persian, Darī, and other
languages. For example, گ (g), پ(p), چ(č) and ژ(ž). So I think it's
better to preserve these key(g, p..). As another option, we can assign
them as <k-> to گ (this character is a derivative of ک (k)) and پ as
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language#Additions

Also I agree with Naoto's opinions.

I attached a file as one of my attempt, but probably this isn't perfect one.
Probably (".2" "ء") is also non-associative relation, and we left some
keys that are on sweet location but not used (like 'c'), so there may
be more needs to careful consideration.