mediagoblin-userops

Re: [Userops] Free softwar community hosting

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [Userops] Free softwar community hosting
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 14:49:52 -0800

Perhaps people don't understand that the NotABug project started something like
last month. It's really totally brand new. Believing that it has some set
policies or that it isn't a community project or complaining that it's pages
aren't fleshed out is only one-step removed from rejecting this very list and
discussion because we don't have all of our ideas in place yet.

I've been interacting with some of the NotABug folks and I can tell you this:
they are just in the same boat as us, trying to figure out what policies make
sense, just barely starting this. They were chatting about whether to make
their Gogs fork AGPL (since they care as much about software freedom as anyone).

That project is in such early stages that it really is the case that if we just
joined in, we'd all end up being part of the founding community. I think they'd
be happy to agree to the strict free-projects requirements.

Again, I'm not actively involved, but I know that this is not a set thing. It's
literally just another handful of people having this same discussion and being
a few weeks (at most) ahead of us in taking action…

Cheers,
Aaron