Re: [Monotone-devel] New release of monotone-viz

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] New release of monotone-viz
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:18:03 -0800

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 12:09:24PM +0100, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for those interested, I've updated monotone-viz[1] to support
> changesets. Monotone-viz is a GTK+/GnomeCanvas application for
> visualizing and browsing monotone ancestry graphs. It uses the program
> `dot' from the Graphviz package.
>
> So now, when one clicks on a node in the graph, it displays the certs
> attached to that revision and the changesets of the incoming edges. It
> also verifies the certs signatures. And when you right-click on a node
> you can view the output of monotone diff.

Beautiful stuff.  Use it all the time.  Thanks a lot!

But... your screenshot is color-coded.  Why isn't mine color-coded?  I
want color-coding too! ;-)

And while I'm making requests anyway, can I have keyboard navigation
too?  (At least up-arrow/down-arrow to go to parent/child?  Ideally
left-arrow/right-arrow to go to something sensible to the left or
right...)

And maybe in the multi-branch view, have little labels on the bottom
underneath the heads, to say which branch they're on?

.i dei jitfa fanmo xatra