Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New release of monotone-viz

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New release of monotone-viz
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:02:42 +0100

Olivier Andrieu schrieb:
Thanks for the ideas everyone! I'll probably implement them all

May I voice another pair of wishes:
- please migrate your repository to 0.15 (protocol #2) so we can access it easily - Using abbreviated hashes for labelling the nodes is not very informative (if you must look up the full hash anyway (by clicking)) why not provide author and timestamp in the node? I ended up clicking through every available head to find the correct development line far too often and realized that I often selected a (long) dead end.

  Christof

PS: Considering auto colorizing: What about hashing branch and/or author with sha1 and take the first three bytes as R,G and B. Most likely you have to switch the _text_ color to white once e.g. max(R,G,B)<128 or R+G+B<255. This might be a bit psychedelic but should give distinct enough and stable enough colors.