Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:54:17 -0400

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 04:52:05AM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> Are there any more doc fixes needed for 0.26?
>
> Can someone fix sqlite/parse.c, which I guess was messed up again
> somehow by the sqlite import today?
>
> Does anyone know _any_ other problem that should hold up 0.26?  Speak
> up now!
>
> -- Nathaniel

No. no complaints about 0.26; I haven't tried it.

I've been following this mailing list for a few months now, having tries
and failed to set up a trouble-free monotone some time age (I thing what
wasback in the 0,18 or 0,19 days), and I'm starting to suspect it's
getting to be time to try it again.  It does look as if the basic design
is what I'd like to use.

After 0.26, do you expect further big changes that might affect
compatibility?  At this point in my available free time, I'm not
looking for something hat has to upgraded every month or so.  I
haven't managed to find time to compile the nvidia-kernel for my AMD64
yet in the past three months.

And would anyone happen to have tested it on a Debian AMD64 platform?
I'd probably be looking for conpatible packages for Debian i386 sarge
and Debian AMD64 etch -- or starting to learn how to build such a
package from scratch from source code.  Though I suppose it wouldn't be
too hard if there were a suitable Debian source package on *any*
architecture.  (says someone who has never built a Debian package
before, not even from a Debian source package).

I notice that there is a Debian packages for 0.24 in both sid and
etch.  But that, I gather, is major changes before 0.26.

-- hendrik