Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:14:47 -0500

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 01:54:17PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

And would anyone happen to have tested it on a Debian AMD64 platform? I'd probably be looking for conpatible packages for Debian i386 sarge and Debian AMD64 etch -- or starting to learn how to build such a package from scratch from source code. Though I suppose it wouldn't be too hard if there were a suitable Debian source package on *any* architecture. (says someone who has never built a Debian package before, not even from a Debian source package).

I notice that there is a Debian packages for 0.24 in both sid and etch. But that, I gather, is major changes before 0.26.

You can build a deb from the monotone source. It is fairly simple to do so (dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot). Once you build the deb and install it with 'dpkg -i' you may need to run 'apt-get -f install' to resolve dependencies.

If you're starting now, you definitely want to start with an 0.26ish
version.

I haven't tried it on debian AMD64, but one of our continuous testers
is gentoo AMD64:
  http://venge.net/monotone/buildbot/
and everything works there.  Of course, you can also simply use the
i386 binaries.

I use monotone on AMD64 as well.  My monotone client runs on AMD64.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
matt-land.com