Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 04:58:10 -0700

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 07:20:25PM +0100, Nuno Lucas wrote:
> On 4/12/06, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > http://xpto.ath.cx/~lucas/monotone/
> >
> > I've been trying to grab this every once in a while for the last few
> > days so I could stick it up at venge.net, but the server hasn't been
> > up so far.
>
> I'm really sorry. It seems last time I changed my router config I
> deleted the port forwarding for port 80 :(
>
> As all other services were working ok (including a private monotone
> server I am using), never thougth it had any problems.
>
> It should be up now. Sorry for that...

Whoops, was able to get to it now, but I can't actually use them...
they have the same version number as the sid builds, and that's pretty
much a bad thing for packages.  (Also, the filename is the same, so I
can't put them both in the download directory :-).)

I have no idea how the ubuntu/debian interaction here works; there
must be some sort of convention for how to version packages that have
different builds for each, but I don't know what it is.  Sarge
backports generally get version like "sarge0.1"; since I don't build
those either, I'm not actually sure that is accomplished either :-).

"...these, like all words, have single, decontextualized meanings: everyone
knows what each of these words means, everyone knows what constitutes an
instance of each of their referents.  Language is fixed.  Meaning is
certain.  Santa Claus comes down the chimney at midnight on December 24."
  -- The Language War, Robin Lakoff