Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 00:23:36 -0700

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 08:38:41AM +0200, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 8 Apr 2006 04:52:05 -0700, Nathaniel
> Smith <address@hidden> said:
>
> njs> Does anyone know _any_ other problem that should hold up 0.26?
> njs> Speak up now!
>
> Hmm, you know, sometimes some of us are off-line (just like you :-)),
> so "now" might be a pretty extended time.  This tends to be
> particularly true during weekends, at least for those of us who want
> to maintain some kind of family and stuff.  So it might be quite a bit
> better to set a specific deadline, like "you have until moday, 12pm
> PST, to answer".  I've found that works pretty damn well, at least
> from my experience with being the release master for OpenSSL.

Hmm, that does seem like a useful trick.  This is pretty much the
first time I've run a release that was more than "hmm, haven't heard
any cries of outrage for a few hours, guess I'll grab HEAD and call it
a release" :-).

> That said, I think all my issues are fixed, as far as I've been able
> to see.  I've not clue yet (and I will not really concentrate on that
> until tonight, as I'm currently battling with a grouchy mail server)
> how the IPv6/IPv4 problem resolved...

Err, hmm, I was sort of going off of:

<gizmo1> Just wanted to say that I've just disabled IPv6 on my laptop,
  and I'm experiencing exactly what has been reported.  Trying to
  figure it out as I speak.  bbl with a report, and hopefully a fix.
<gizmo1> Found it, Netxx notices that socket() returns an error state
  and throws a Exception rather than a NetworkException.  I'm checking
  that catching Exception as well covers our problems.
<gizmo1> It does.
<CIA-1> address@hidden net.venge.monotone
  * rcda1bb96190a1ee6166cc2ae610d082a8d925643 / (1 ChangeLog netsync.cc):
<CIA-1> 2006-04-08 Richard Levitte <address@hidden>
<CIA-1> * netsync.cc (serve_connections): When socket() fails in Netxx,
<CIA-1> it throws a Netxx::Exception rather than a
<CIA-1> Netxx::NetworkException, so we need to catch that as well. This
<CIA-1> should solve the problems some have experienced when they don't
<CIA-1> have a IPv6 stack and try to run a IPv6-enabled monotone.

So I figured that it was fixed :-).  I guess we'll know soon enough...

"Of course, the entire effort is to put oneself
 Outside the ordinary range
 Of what are called statistics."
  -- Stephan Spender