Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:36:03 -0700

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 01:24:15PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 12:14:47PM -0500, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> > Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> >
> > You can build a deb from the monotone source.  It is fairly simple to do
> > so (dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Is that the whole command?  No operand to identify the source
> package? Or do you untar it and cd into the package source directory
> first?

You untar it, and cd into the package source directory first.  You
might want to add -b, too, which means "build a binary package only,
don't need a source package".  One tricky bit with the 0.26 release in
particular is that I had to munge the debian version because I messed
up the versions on the pre packages, so the debian package is actually
version "0.26.0", not "0.26".  So dpkg-buildpackage will be happier if
you rename the build directory from "monotone-0.26" to
"monotone-0.26.0".

There's also pre-built debs for both x86 and amd64, on both sid and
sarge, on the web site :-).

The Universe may  /  Be as large as they say
But it wouldn't be missed  /  If it didn't exist.
  -- Piet Hein