[Monotone-devel] Re: Problems with _MTN/tmp

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems with _MTN/tmp
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:19:17 +0100

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Really we need a better and more systematic way to deal with these
> sorts of issues, though.  Probably it should be some sort of
> conflict?  It's not too unlike the "orphaned file" conflict case...

Yes, surely it should be a conflict.  I haven't checked, but I'd guess
other systems regard it as a conflict.  (I'm fairly sure svn does, but
that probably doesn't help that much, since svn is per-file.)

I imagine this would happen naturally as part of the
MergeViaWorkingDir stuff?  It's presumably easier just to leave the
file in place (somehow marking that it conflicted), if you're already
routinely doing that with content conflicts?