Fwd: [Monotone-devel] Directory already exists?

From: J Decker
Subject: Fwd: [Monotone-devel] Directory already exists?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:11:42 -0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: J Decker <address@hidden>
Date: Dec 18, 2007 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Directory already exists?
To: Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden>

Having thought about this a bit more... if a directory is an object,
why can't it just be merged with other changes?  If I make a
modification to a file, and create a line, when an update happens,
changes are merged even with the new lines... I mean lines are objects
at a certain point.

I guess though if there is a conflict in that created line that
already exists during an update... err no wait

if I make a modification to a file, add a line, commit it.

go to another box, and make the same creation to another file, the
update basically just updates the revision number, and no change is
done to the file... the file is not reported as 'updated' during the
status of the update command.